Northcoders applicants should have some basic coding knowledge and have utilized online coding courses before applying. Applications include an online form and a technical test to gauge present skill level. Students are then given pre-course study material. Northcoders prepares students for every stage of the job interview and hiring process. A dedicated staff provides one-on-one coaching sessions, help with creating a CV that will get students noticed, and continued support after graduation.
Recent Northcoders News
Recent Northcoders Reviews: Rating 5.0
Part-Time Coding Bootcamp
Full-Time Coding Bootcamp
3 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
I was on the third cohort for northcoders and I graduated at the start of this year. The course itself is really fun and you will learn alot due to it being so intense and you meet some amazing people in the process! I was the youngest graduate at the time and I now work for a finance company in Manchester City Centre as a Junior Developer, they are really helpful not only on the course but after as well as they help you improve your CV, general skills and make you more employable to companies. If you enjoy coding and want to persue a career in tech then I definitely recommend this course!
I was on the very first cohort back in April 2016. The course is intense, but incredibly well designed and exciting and left me feeling like I'd learned more than I had in 3 years of uni. I am still good friends with many people from the first cohort - all those I have kept in touch with are in work as software developers and loving life. The specific technologies you learn are very relevant but part of the real value for me was that I felt like I 'learned how to learn'. You leave the course being confident to pick up any new technology you need in the future which is the most valuable skill you can get. Thoroughly recommend if you want to get into a career in tech.
I consider myself incredibly lucky to call myself a Northcoder. Even when I was 3 weeks into the course, I knew it was the best choice I'd ever made, and I felt they deserved every penny I was paying - even then. I've been fortunate to make friends for life and am part of a very, very special Northern community in its own right - the Northcoders Community. You couldn't hope to find better support or more knowledgeable tutors.
Our latest on Northcoders
Why do journalists and industry leaders think that two coding bootcamps are closing? And despite these “shutdowns,” why do companies like IBM still want to hire coding bootcamp graduates? We’re covering all of the industry news from August. Plus, a $3 billion GI Bill that covers coding bootcamps for veterans, why Google and Amazon are partnering with bootcamps, and diversity initiatives. Listen to our podcast or read the full August 2017 News Roundup below.Continue Reading →